Sunday, March 4, 2012

A Revelation

The last few days, I've felt different. (I am NOT pregnant.)

Something about the air and the light. The regular ability to get outside with the boys and not be miserable. Feeling really at home in my house with a couple of windows open. The smell of the house with the windows open. Rolling on the floor with the boys, tickling, laughing, and kissing.

And I feel good. Nothing is hurting. Nine months after giving birth, I think everything has settled into it's new, regular position - whatever that is. My shoulders are lower. My patience has increased. My feet are bare and my feet aren't cold.

Thomas is independently mobile which makes him a little more independent. My invisible 3 foot tether to him gets extended when HE crawls off. George's vocabulary has increased so much that I speak to him the way I would speak to an adult. I very rarely have to simplify what I said. He is incredibly helpful and learning to take directions as to where something is that he's looking for. Directions like "Go get me your brother's blue sweater out of the other room" might produce the blue sweater, a different sweater, or something blue. Not bad for nearly two and a half.An interactive, helpful child.

My faith is in a stronger place than it has been in years. I'm praying more, and praying with my boys more. The more I do that, the more familiar it feels.

Sitting in church this morning, it hit me. What all this adds up to. Something that hasn't happened in 18 months.

I am content.

I am deeply happy. The weather's warmer. Winter's cabin fever is probably over. I have a sleeping baby in my arms. And I love my life.

1 comment:

  1. :-D Glad I finally found your blog again. It's awesome seeing Thomas crawl!!! And I agree, the weather lifting has been a blessing. There's something perfect about opening up the windows and letting the outside blow through the house.

    ReplyDelete