Tuesday, April 20, 2010

7 months old!

Quint is 7 months old, 19.5 pounds and an utter joy 95% of the time! The other 5% he needs his nose wiped or he's teething. Pretty darn good deal! Just this week, he has learned what we mean when we clap and then hold our opened hands out to him. He's learned that if he leans toward our hands, he will go to the next person.

His repertoire of mouth noises now include every variation of "pffft" from blowing raspberries to, I swear, once he actually whistled!

He now eats green beans, peas, carrots, sweet potatos, pears, peaches, applesauce, corn, and he hates butter beans and spinach. While we're eating, I've started giving him two saltine crackers to play with and/or eat. I think he enjoys sitting with us and chewing something while we're chewing something. And I think about half the crackers actually get eaten! Otherwise, I find parts in the chair and floor nearby.

He now sleeps mostly from 10pm until I get him up at 7am, but there might be 2 feedings in there. Sometimes just one. On the weekends, he might sleep until 9 or 10am. He sleeps in his crib in his room now which means that we can be noisy in the rest of the house. He has an aquarium toy on his crib that when he hits it, it plays music and soothing lights. He might doze and play with that for 2 hours on Saturday mornings.

He's had either a little cold or allergies for the past week. It's hard to tell because spring has sprung in the last 10 days as well. I've been the same kind of sick and I don't know if mine is a cold or allergies. We've given him Benadryl for the first time and it does NOT make him sleepy. Doesn't really wire him either, but he seems to have medicine head when he's on it.

My mom came for nearly a week to help me out and visit while my husband had two consecutive trips to Florida. She kept him home from daycare for two days and happened to still be here when our wonderful daycare suddenly had to close for one day due to a death in the family. So Nannie got 5 consecutive days of uninterrupted grandbaby. She loved it!

1 comment:

  1. Yeah! I love all the pictures!

    Here's an unrelated idea. I'm not sure if it's good or bad. Take pictures of Daddy every two weeks or so to mark the progress of the weight loss. Kind of like your pregnancy photos, but reverse.