Thursday, December 9, 2010

I PASSED!!!

I took my H&R Block final exam yesterday and I passed! Woohoo!!! They've just officially offered me the job and I accepted. Huge relief after all the effort and time away from Quint. Keep in mind, I'm still looking for work, but this is a great way to keep a little money coming in, afford to keep our spot at Priscilla's, and possibly network to find a full time job. .

So tonight I get to be at home with my little boy and just love him up. Tomorrow, I pick him up early to love him up for the weekend (and get shots - shhhh don't tell him). With my class over, I'm now free to work on Christmas cards, putting up the tree, cleaning and organizing the house and whatnot.

My last day at my old job is tomorrow. Yesterday, my department took me out to a great restaurant for lunch. Today, my work bought everyone cupcakes to honor my time with the company. At the all staff meeting, I made sure they didn't point me out when they were introducing new employees and saying goodbye to one other employee. Some folks were surprised at this, but I didn't want it. I didn't want to cry in front of people. I didn't want to be asked "so what are you planning on doing" and I don't have any non-depressing answers. I have several bitter answers. I didn't want to advertise those either.

The one absolutely WONDERFUL thing that has happened this month is that MY SISTER IS PREGNANT!!! She's only been trying (off and on) for 13 years!! I am sooooo freakin' excited!! I never in a million years thought we'd be pregnant at the same time and it's going to be so fun! We'll have 3 little kids nearly the same age! She's 8 or 9 weeks behind me, so there's no worry that we'll deliver at the same time. And once I give birth, I can mail all my maternity clothes to her. If she has a boy and I have a girl, I can send her all my little boy clothes! The day she told me changed my entire outlook on life for over a week. A wonderful lightening of my spirit.

Here's more pictures of my little guy.

Aren't those feet cute!!!

1 comment:

  1. Wow! So much good news in one post! I really didn't have any doubt that you would pass your test, but it's nice to see that you did. And I am *so happy* for your sister!

    ReplyDelete