Monday, June 29, 2009

Foot update

X-rays of my foot did not show a break or a mending crack in my foot (mending cracks are more visible than fresh cracks), so I probably just tore some ligament loose. Wrap it, ice it, elevate it, stay off it etc. Basically, suck it up but don't take Advil. And our wonderful insurance only charged us $10 for that information! Not bad for three pictures of a foot.

Upon asking WAY too many questions about X-rays and baby exposure, with me blanketed in lead drapes, the rest of my body only received the same amount of radiation that you receive on the average plane flight. I hadn't thought about radiation received on a plane flight, but that makes sense. Thinner protective atmosphere and whatnot. Dude also said that being in the sun for 8 hours is the equivalent of a chest x-ray.

No comments:

Post a Comment