Tuesday, June 9, 2009

Woohoo Craigslist!

After adding up how much all the ocean of new baby paraphernalia would cost, I began my mission of trying to buy as much of that stuff on Craigslist as possible. As soon as I buy a thing on craigslist, I remove it from my gift registry at Target to avoid duplicates. Yesterday, I bought a bouncer for $17 that looks brand new, and a toy organizer shelf thingy for $25. These retail at Target for $50 and $65 respectively. So I spent $42 and got $115 worth of stuff. Am I awesome or what! And the toy organizer thing was exactly what I had registered for!

The only thing I'm hesitant to buy used is a car seat. Both our cars are pre-2002 models and therefore don't have the super-duper LATCH system. When you buy a carseat new, it comes with some extra pieces that secure the carseat to our "old style" back seat seat-belts. Chances are, these new pieces just get discarded by folks who don't need them. But my bigger concern is that the carseat has either been in a bad car wreck, has sustained some damage, or both. Inside the car is where I'm most worried about the baby's safety. OK, well, that and I worry about if he manages to roll to his tummy while sleeping on our pillow top mattress in the middle of the night. One of these fears can be solved with money and that's a price I'm willing to pay.

1 comment:

  1. Three cheers for CL! You can also find super cheap maternity clothes there is you need too. I'm sure you know that already.

    Somethings I plan on getting once we have a baby are the following. The first one I've seen on CL many times here. The second I've not seen but I really like the fact that it has a built in light and can safely put the baby between Husband and me.

    http://www.amazon.com/Arms-Reach-White-Mini-Co-Sleeper/dp/B0001D12WQ/ref=wl_it_dp?ie=UTF8&coliid=ICRXVPWRDTG2J&colid=UEYEN12IIBDA

    and

    http://www.amazon.com/First-Years-Close-Secure-Sleeper/dp/B00012CHFI/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&s=baby-products&qid=1244641259&sr=8-1

    ReplyDelete