Thursday, August 6, 2009

Belly stories

Yesterday, there was a little birthday celebration (cake and song) here at the office. I was running late and trotted the last 20 feet to the location, holding my belly so it wouldn't bounce as much. Three women were horrified that I trotted at 8 months pregnant and I said something smart like, "hey look at that, it didn't fall out, did it?" A minute later, I was standing around discretely scratching a spot near my belly button, and they commented on it. I said I was growing a stretch mark and it itched, so leave me alone.

Later that night, I was getting in the tub to soak my belly in a baby oil bath and took off my bella band that I wear for support. That spot near my belly button that itched all day turned out to be a tiny piece of the peanut brittle I ate that morning. Oh! That makes more sense! Me and my husband had a good laugh about that one.

I do wish there was a supplement pill of some kind that encouraged skin growth. I'm keeping oils and lotions and belly butter on it though.

1 comment:

  1. Get a bucket of fried chicken and eat as much of the skin as you can.

    Dang. Now I want some fried chicken.

    I cannot tell you how hilarious it is that you had food in your clothes! LOL!

    ReplyDelete