Thursday, April 21, 2011

Baby gifts

Since Quint is only 19 months old, and the same gender as my baby due in just 6 weeks (AKA ten years), I'm not at all surprised or hurt that I haven't received a baby shower or any baby gifts yet. And there's very little I NEED for the new baby. But there are several things I would like. But I don't feel comfortable dropping hints in person to any of the likely candidates for second baby gifts. Seems a bit grasping... And these are things that I can afford, but someone (cough..cough...Sis..cough) might really have fun shopping for a couple of these things.

I'd really like a new special outfit to bring home our new cutie-pie. Ten years from now, I don't want to rely on my outfit or haircut to determine which baby I'm bring home in the pictures.

I'd like a brand new, monkey plush blanket of some kind to be just his very own blanket. A non-hand-me-down, since nearly everything else will be a hand-me-down.

I do actually need some new plastic backed bibs. The old ones are falling apart mainly because the label clearly said not to put them in the dryer and they've been through the dryer approximately a hundred times.

And if Quint is any indication, I will need a bottle of mylacon drops the first night we're home from the hospital.

I don't think I'll need a second baby monitor, but I'd love to hear advice on that.

And here is the ever present blog page for our second son's wish list, recently updated.

I've got the double stroller, a second pack and play (one upstairs, one down) with them set up and nearly ready to go. I got the boppy and bouncy seat out of the attic today. I have newborn and size 1 diapers. I have all the clothes, blankets, and burp rags washed, folded and put away. We have not put the car seats in the cars yet, but I'm still 6 weeks from my due date. For feeding, I've got my boobs (obviously) and I need to dig out my "supplies". I haven't packed my hospital bag yet, but I've started to pack Quint's overnight bag in case he needs to spend a night at a friend's house. To my surprise, I've found that most of his things will have to be packed at the last minute seeing how he uses them every day (teddy bear and special blanket) or I don't want to take them out of circulation this early in the game (favorite books, movies, and clothes) so perhaps that will have to wait a bit.

Am I forgetting anything?

This may be a bit controversial, but I've bought a baby doll to help Quint in the coming adjustment. I'll be playing with it much more than Quint before the birth and he's been interested in my "play" so far. Put the baby doll in the bouncy seat. Hold the baby a lot. Swaddle the baby. Put the baby in the pack and play, etc. That and lots of conversation and books have Quint so far understanding so far that his brother is in my belly and he's going to be a big brother.

I can't think of a conclusion for this blog, so BYE!

No comments:

Post a Comment