Thursday, September 1, 2011

Recent Conversation at My House

Me: Hey Honey, did you see how I arranged the roses in the vase?

Him: Yeah, it's different and really pretty! You're quite the interior decorator!

(pause)

Me: Really? I thought you didn't like how I decorated things.

Him: No, you do a great job.

Me: But you won't let me do a lot of the things I want to do.

Him: Sure I will! What would you like to do?

Me: Take Jeff Davis off the living room wall?

Him: (quick response) No.

Me: Or take down the picture of the Rockies in the sofa room?

Him: (quick response) No.

Me: See, you don't let me do the stuff I really want to do.

Him: What's so wrong with the picture of the Rockies?

Me: Um, you've never been there, the colors clash, and the frame is a different kind of wood from anything else in the whole house.

Him: But there are family obligations tied up in that picture.

Me: To who?

Him: Ummm...

Me: Yeah, I thought so.

Him: But the flowers look great!

Me: Thanks honey.

No comments:

Post a Comment