Thursday, May 7, 2009

The good, the bad, and the pukey

The good thing that happened is that hubby got to feel the baby last night!! The baby was kicking up a storm and being very active. We were spooning and trying to go to sleep. I woke hubby up by moving his arm under the covers and putting his hand in the right spot on my belly. He said, annoyed, "my arm doesn't bend that way" and then with awe "Oh I can FEEL IT! He's really going to town in there!" He started poking the baby and it poked back for more than a minute. So hubby got to play with the baby! Very cool!

The bad is that I was morning sick this morning. I'm at 19 weeks now and haven't even kept the soda or crackers in the bedroom for about 2 weeks now. I thought I had it under control for the morning, when the cat decided to leave me a gift on the carpet. An unidentifiable gift no less. I couldn't even guess which end it came from. After cleaning it up at record speed and depositing it elsewhere, I bolted from the bathroom only to start gagging in the bedroom. At the cat no less. "Gag. This is your fault cat! Gag." She at least had the decency to look guilty. So nearly 2 hours later, I still have the vomit chills and a headache which is a new symptom of pregnancy for me. Three people stopped at my desk this morning to ask if I was alright (yes I look that good today!). I reminded them that I'm pregnant. Two basically said, "oh that's right....see you later". B**ches.

No comments:

Post a Comment