Wednesday, May 13, 2009

Tiny Baby News

This morning in the tub, I could see our little boy elbowing me in the belly. I held very still to see if he would cause the water to ripple, but no dice. It made me smile. I'm at the point now where I can't sleep on my belly any more - it's too uncomfortable for both of us. It reminds me of when my cat would just lay down on her week old kittens. I worried she would smother them, but then they would howl and she would shift and they'd wiggle out. He lets me know when he's squished, even though his bubble keeps the same volume. It only changes shape.

A friend at work said disgustedly today that I could wipe that glowing grin off my face any time now. Not bloody likely. And another is making fun of me pinning the ultrasound pictures up my cubicle wall and mailing them with tiny socks to family members. We took the ultrasound pictures to hubby's masonic lodge last night to show around. I advertised them as a baby Rorschach test: if you can see a baby, then you passed! There was quite a bit of turning the pictures upside down with puzzled foreheads. The DVD is much clearer, but not as mobile.

I'm 20 weeks pregnant now! Halfway there.

No comments:

Post a Comment