Monday, April 20, 2009

vomit during pregnancy

Yes, I'm going to blog about vomit. So if you're squeemish, skip this one.

Saturday, I was regular sinus allergy sick for most of the day. Even the allergy medicine I took didn't make me feel good enough to actually move around and do things. My husband was very attentive and helpful and whatnot. After some dinner of left over pizza, and a regular amount of water to wash it down, I threw up. Not sure why, even after group analysis. But even as I was getting up from the bathroom floor, I said to my husband, "You know, compared to dry heaves, that was almost pleasant." He chuckled and said, "yeah, I bet so. There's nothing worse than dry heaves." Nothing like a standard of dry heaves to make you grateful for having something to throw up.

We spent some minutes trying to figure out if I had a bug, or if, as my husband put it, I was just having morning sickness at night. Very astute of my husband to jump to "morning sickness at night" as a diagnosis. My stomach felt mostly fine before I threw up, except for the 3 minutes just before, and I felt completely fine after I threw up. With a bug, you typically feel rotten for an hour before throwing up, and you're completely spent after. After 5 minutes of conversation about why I had thrown up, we both came to the conclusion that it was a weird pregnancy thing with nearly no cause and therefore nothing to learn like don't do this when you feel like this. Amazing to me that my ultra logical husband could just accept that.

No comments:

Post a Comment