Tuesday, March 3, 2009

Actual productivity!

At work today, for the first time in quite a while, I'm actually getting mountains of work done at a fairly good clip! Yesterday, I managed to finish one huge task and it's given me confidence that I can get other things done too. So I'm working on the deposits which involves sorting out which kinds of checks they all are, then creating the group deposits to go with it. For the first time in weeks (it seems) my inbox is not just one big mess of checks! It can't have been weeks because these checks are dated quite recently. Anyway, that clutter was cluttering my mind, it seems.

Today in the lunchroom, I sat with the woman who can only talk about herself. Usually about how great she is, or about how awful her pregnancy is. (My pregnancy is still a secret.) Today, she had a great day! Not one word about her terrible pregnancy and she only talked about her new car once! She's one of those folks who likes to complain about something wonderful as a way of bragging. She had a complaint about her new car and I'm sure I frustrated her by not asking all about her new car. Is it wrong that I find great joy in thwarting her bragging/complaining? I spend way too much time thinking of ways to block her pregnancy complaints. When my pregnancy becomes public and she realizes that we're only a week apart in our due dates I wonder if I'll become a peppy Pollyanna only in her presence, just to throw off her idea that we can complain together about our horrible conditions. I have no idea how she will react to the news of my pregnancy, but I bet she'll view it as me stealing her spotlight. She really brings out the witchy thoughts in me. For the most part, I'm able to not say them out loud, but there will come a time.....

Today, I'm having a good day with my pregnancy! I've been eating every 90 minutes to fight weakness, and as I said earlier, I've really been able to get some things done today! Woohoo!! Maybe I'll even wash my hair tonight! How exciting!

1 comment:

  1. Congrats on the productivity! I was very productive yesterday but only because a lot of stuff broke and everyone was like "is it fixed now? is it fixed now? is it fixed now?" and I was like, "no", then they were like "what's wrong" me "I don't know" them "do you know what's wrong now" me "911, yes, I've killed some of my coworkers, can you send somebody?"

    I wouldn't want to jump on the complaining bandwagon with her either. Focusing on how badly you feel will only make you feel worse. You can tell her that you have a friend who would love to have all the bad pregnancy symptoms because then she would at least be pregnant, and that you prefer to be grateful. Don't you just love that self-righteous high ground?

    ReplyDelete